Monday, December 13, 2010

Tis Our Season...Really it is HIS Season

As I was making a list of all the things to do this week, I couldn't help but think about this current season of our life. Two small children, one major career change that is resulting in a phyiscal move to another part of the state, one without a job for the first time in 13 years and it is Christmas. While so much of my family's life feels up in the air and unsettled we do know a few things that are THE most important and for these I am especially thankful today:

1. Abundance of friends
2. Loving, supportive and totally dependable family
3. GOD'S PROMISE of Love, Protection, Forgiveness and Provision

How can I worry or be anxious about anything when I have more than so many people on this earth. At this time of year, the feeling of being overwhelmed seems so natural. Is that the natural that God wants us to feel? I think...actually I KNOW not. While I write and think these things, I say them as a reminder for myself more than anything.

Lord, as the uncertainty of our day to day lives continues here. Please help me remember your Promise and this is your SEASON, not mine.

No comments:

Stiemy's Birthday