Saturday, January 9, 2010

11 Years & Still Going Strong

Happy 11th Anniversary, Stiemy!


I so vividly remember looking out the windows of the church parlor on that cold Janaury day and thinking no one was coming. Exactly eleven years ago, at this very hour the doors of the 1st Presbyterian Church in Clarksdale opened to a beautiful sanctuary filled with friends and family from all over the country and I became your wife.

I love you and it's not just words when you hear, "I love you more now than I did the day we married." It may not feel the same as when we first said those 3 little words, but it's because now there is history, memories, trials & celebrations with one another. When I run through the last 11 years, here are some of the parts that speed through like a fastforwarded movie!

Our excitement of buying our 1st house & the crazy neighbor thought I was your Mother.
We scraped pennies to go to the movie...the paychecks wouldn't show up until the next day!
I left Ridgeland Tourism and moving to State Tourism
You left the banking business
You started a career in pharmaceuticals
MSU Football Seasons
My crazy travel schedules
We had our first baby girl
We closed on house #2 in the hospital with baby girl
You lost your Dad
All the times your companies bought, sold and realigned
You had the chicken pox and I was pregnant
We had another baby girl
We both had strep throat and laid up and watched movies, while girls went to school
You had a job loss and a 6 month search
Beach trips with the Kittle Clan.
Awesome trips to NYC, Miami, San Francisco & Las Vegas


Oh, how I wish I was a journaling type person. It would be so much fun to go back and read what we did before we were a family of four. My prayer is that we will always put the Lord first and each other 2nd. It is so difficult with so much going on in the craziness we call life. I am more proud of you than I could ever put in to words and know that you are exactly who the Lord made me for. It does not mean that it has always been perfect and we know that it never will be, but I wouldn't have done it any other way!


I can't wait to look back in 10 more years and then in 20 to what zips through my memory then.

One thing is for sure...I look forward to it!
Thanks for making me your wife and giving me the 2 most precious gifts!

I Love You.

No comments:

Stiemy's Birthday