Monday, October 12, 2009

October, Seriously?

As usual, so much time has passed since my last post. We have been super busy and here are the highlights that come to mind:

1. The Princess lost her first tooth. Stiemy wasn't quite ready for this and really just wanted her to leave it alone. However, I was set to pull it!

2. The Monkey is completely potty trained!!!

3. We have been to 2 MSU football games and both girls made it through all 4 heartbreaking quarters.

4. I assisted in welcoming 36 Europeans to Tupelo, Indianola and Tunica for several days.

5. Stiemy fixed his first ponytail in 6 years...not his own!

It is hard to believe that October is here and this week we hope to seal the decision on our Halloween costumes (for all of us). If you have any suggestions for the parental unit costumes, we are open to suggestions. We have a party to attend and the theme is "tv characters".

In June I posted about "The Same Kind of Different As Me". Ever since, I know without a doubt that God is preparing my heart for something big. Over the last several months, He has been gently closing doors. Some even felt like a slam at the time. I know that He has an amazing plan in store for me and my family. I am cautiously waiting to see what this plan involves. In the meantime, I keep coming in contact with people and stories that are living out His plan for them. Bethany came to our Sunday School class several months ago and she is preparing to leave for Cambodia. Katie is in Africa impacting hundreds of children. The Mayernicks have 6 children and the best I can tell 4 are their's biologically and 2 are adopted. At this very time, they are waiting to bring Josie home to the U.S. Right before the Mayernicks were preparing to fly home with Josie, routine medical exams showed that she was HIV positive and had TB. She was unable to fly home with her parents and is staying with Katie, mentioned above.

Now, I am not indicating that I believe God is going to have us move to a 3rd world country, but what if He did. Would we willingly go? I am amazed by the stories of these people. I know that God doesn't ask all of us to leave the comfort of our country to make a difference and there are plenty of ways to do that here in the U.S.A. What is it though? What is He calling me to do? Stay tuned and I hope to be able to tell you.

No comments:

Stiemy's Birthday