Tuesday, February 5, 2008

Quiet Time...how?

So for the second time this week (it is only Tuesday) our alarm has gone off earlier and I have actually put my feet on the floor and gotten up. Did you know it is still dark outside at 6 a.m.? I am notorious for being late for work and getting up before 6:30 a.m. seems to be a struggle. However, I decided Sunday night that if I ever wanted to have that "quiet time" I need to beat the rest of the family up. Yesterday, I sat showered iand wrapped in my robe with a cup of coffee and had my quite time with God. It was so peaceful, relaxing and enjoyable. Wow, what a great start for a Monday.

Now day 2...the alarm went off and for once I heard it before Brian (praise God). So up I went, I peaked in the kitchen and setting the timer on the coffee pot worked...so far so good. Out of the shower and wrapped in my robe, guess who I ran in to...Stiemy. So I'm not alone that is ok. I climbed over the folded clothes (thanks hubby) and around the toys on the floor and settled in with my coffee and a devotion for the day. Guess who walks around the corner...the princess. I suggest she go get in my bed (did I mention it is still dark outside) and off she goes. 2 mintues later she reappears and wants to stay with me. She climbs on the opposite end of the couch and asks why are we up so early today? Good question little one...why did you get up? I let her know this is my quiet time and that we will talk later. She lays back down and out walks the hubby again..."I was thinkin...today when you...." I just looked at him and kindly asked "Can we do this in 10 minutes?" He obliged and walked away.

So, my whole point or question to this is...How do I get quiet time in the mornings. Am I going to have to get up at 5 a.m. and if I do is everyone else going to follow? Now, I got the time in this morning and amazingly enough was in the office at 8 a.m. Now if you don't believe in miracles you should now because... me.... early..... to work? Not normal! Here is to Mom's that find that early morning quiet time!

No comments:

Stiemy's Birthday