Monday, December 31, 2007

Here is to 37 Years Mama & Daddy

This past weekend my parents celebrated 37 years of marriage. Congratulations. They have taught me more than they will ever know and mostly just by their actions. Here are just 10 of the ways they have showed their love for us and different ways they have taught me to be the kind of parent that I want to be.
1. They love and trust the Lord.
2. They love each other.
3. They love me unconditionally.
4. They gave me a brother that includes now a great sister-in-law, a beautiful niece (and goddaughter) and an adorable nephew.
5. They taught me that words can never be taken back so be careful what you say when you argue with your spouse.
6. They allowed me to be myself and never tried to force their interests on me.
7. They supported my decision to go to bulldog country (although Daddy still says he never 8. signed a check to that institution). Honestly, I think they were just glad I made a decision on which college.
8. They encouraged my brother to be a bulldog (think they knew their rebel blood would find them in O-town more than Starkville and that could cause problems).
9. They show me daily how you will do anything you can for your children to be happy and that a parent’s heart as much if not more if their baby is hurting
10. They taught me the importance of surrounding yourself with good friends…no great friend

Ok, so I had to include one more. If they had not loved each other enough to have me, I would never have my beautiful girls to love the same way!

Here is to 37 more years together!

No comments:

Stiemy's Birthday