Thursday, July 29, 2010

Funny Road Trip

We recently returned from the "big" family vacation with my parents, brother and his crew and my gang! It is always total chaos, lots of fun and a little drama (with 4 kids ages 3 1/2 to 7 what do you really expect).

The Monkey did incredibly better with the sand this year. There was no screaming because her toes were touching it. Now, in her eyes...screaming was a little present. The Princess now refers to it as her "happy place" (because I'm sure the rest of her "places" are just terrible)! I'm not sure the beach is your "happy place" when you want to always be at the pool.

The trip to the beach involved my mother chauffeuring while Big Daddy read books on his Kindle (great Father's Day gift) and I sat between two car seats in the back, JOY! The quote of the road trip happened as follows. My girls always hear me say that "if your nose is itching then company must be coming". It is just one of those "old fashion" sayings that your Mama said to you and her Mama said to her. So, all of a sudden The Princess is scratching her nose and says "I have visitors in my nose."

Needless to say, my mother and I lost it totally and were laughing uncontrollably. What happened from there you ask? Tears and crying because we were making fun of her. Did I mention there is always DRAMA?

No comments:

Stiemy's Birthday